This 28-page illustrated brochure was published in 1989 to commemorate the centennial of construction of The Clearing, John Horner Wisner House, now on the grounds of The Reed-Reeves Arboretum, 165 Hobart Avenue. The pamphlet opens with the background on the Episcopal bishop for whom the avenue is named, and then a reader is led, house by house, down the street. Not only are the architectural styles of the homes described in detail but, when available, information is provided about the architects and past owners of the structures
Published in 1971 by the Summit Historical Society, the author of these essays is Louis J Perrottet. The publication is 38 pages long and the first essay highlights schools in the city, both public and private, including Oratory Prep, Kent Place School and Oak Knoll School of the Holy Child. The second piece is titled "Summit Government: With Consent of the Governed," The title of the third essay is "Historical Flashback." Among notable Summit names mentioned by the author are Alling, Moller, Riera, Kent, Edgar, Thebaud, Bonnel, Sayre, Constantine, Dean, Littell, and Larned.
Author Margaret W. Long converted a 1985 slide show into this illustrated 24 page brochure, complete with maps, drawings and photographs, both current and historic. Beginning with the 1838 move to Summit by Chancellor James Kent of the N.Y. Chancery Court, the pamphlet provides the detailed history of what is now called Kent Place Boulevard. Not only does the booklet offer biographical and architectural details about the Boulevard, it provides a glimpse into life in Summit in days past.
This map features a self-guided tour of historical sites in Summit, and opens to 21 by 17 inches. Originally printed by the Summit Historical Society to celebrate America's bicentennial, the map was revised in 1983. The categories of the structures highlighted include farmhouses, resorts, and what the authors called "expansive homes." One side of the map includes addresses and information about the buildings and the other side is a reprint of an original 1879 map that is in the collection of the Summit Historical Society.